The importance of orthopedics
Orthopedic surgery means modifying, straightening, or repairing deformities in the bones, and some of these deformities result from factors that may affect the body while it is still in the fetal stage. Most of them are evident at birth. Others result from accident injuries. or acquired diseases affecting the body.
It is a branch of surgery specialized in correcting deformities of bones and joints and treating their diseases. and prevent these distortions from occurring in the future.
They are called orthopedic surgeons.
What does orthopedics include?
- Correction of congenital malformations in children’s bones.
- Treatment of chronic arthritis, fractures and dislocations.
- Treatment of joint tuberculosis and bone tumors.
- Bone implantation.
- Installation of prostheses.
- Orthopedics also includes the use of physical therapy, and the use of medical shoes.